Thanks for visiting my site! I am a business development consultant and professional referral agent specializing in network marketing! Join this winning team today!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Don't be this lady

Yesterday I was working with a woman who told me she really needed a job. She gave me her story about why she needed some income and it was compelling. I've been in her situation before so I was sympathetic. Now before I go on, this lady called me. She sought me out and wanted to be involved in my business. I gave her a task to do in 30 minutes so that I could gauge responsibility levels. Kind of like an interview. After all, in business, you either have business partners or customers and I needed to know right off what I was dealing with. 

I called this young lady back in 30 minutes to see the progress. First off, everyone does not have the mindset to be an entrepreneur. Although it can be taught, not many were born with it. The drive is not there, it needs to be found or "dug up". Most people were raised with the job mindset. Trade time for money. Do X amount of work for X amount of pay. So when I called back, the "just do it" idea was not present. I was presented with, "I don't think this is for me" What? Really? How did you determine this? In 30 minutes? While that was going through my mind, out of my mouth came..Ok let me know if anything changes. At that point I knew that she would be a customer. I didn't get discouraged. Its just on to the next. 


training tip: Do not give up when you hear no. The word No should push you to yes. There are billions of people in this world and a few no's should not stop you. Even if its 100. You can never finish if you don't start.

No English? Choose a language