Thanks for visiting my site! I am a business development consultant and professional referral agent specializing in network marketing! Join this winning team today!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Sometimes you just need a swift kick in the ASS to regain your focus

Today I had a great phone call with one of my "like minded" friends. He is an entrepreneur as well and understands the rants that I express from time to time. He gives great advice and listens to me rant from time to time. Today we talked about the differences between a leader and a follower. Which one are you? How do you know? Are you influential? These are questions that I ask myself often. Sometimes I get in a rut and wonder who's listening. In my business, I work with people who come from various ethnic backgrounds and a huge variety of age groups and socio-economic and educational backgrounds. How do I reach all of them at their individual levels and connect with them? How do I become a leader to my team?

Have you ever worked at a job for a number of years and trained others to do your job? Or better yet, have you ever worked at a job and your employer hired someone with absolutely no experience for a position higher than yours? What leadership qualities do you think you lacked that could have gotten you the position? It cant be the "man" every time right?? Evaluating your leadership skills is imperative to become the leader that can take a team to higher levels.

What attrubutes do you need to possess to be a strong and celebrated leader? The first thing is to be great to followers. People follow people, people join people, people buy from people. Its just how humans work. We are feeling based, we make decisions based on the emotional connection that we have with the other party. While decisions are not solely derived from the emotional connection, it plays a big part. We have to feel good about the decisions we make. Other aspects of a great leader include,

* being goal oriented
* setting standards that they live and teach
* being a visionary
* has passion for people and their success
* has the ability to inspire, uplift, and encourage others
* accepts responsibility for their own actions
* courageous and takes risks
* a good communicator

There are many other aspects to being a great leader. The biggest one to me is personal development. Know that you are always learning and evolving and that personal development is an important key to growth. Incorporating these characteristics in your business will set you apart from the tire kickers and propel you forward. Honing in on these aspects will have people begging to have you teach them the characteristics and now you have an excellent team that is destined for greatness.

No matter what your business or personal goals are, personal development is a necessity. Taking the time to read and invest in YOU cant not be avoided if you desire success. Keep those keys in the front of your mind and you will be unstoppable.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Ayanna Cross
336-303-8005

No English? Choose a language