Thanks for visiting my site! I am a business development consultant and professional referral agent specializing in network marketing! Join this winning team today!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

How do you view your business?

I was compelled to put this into writing after today's conference call. As you know, my primary source of income right now is with Vitel Wireless. This company pays household bills while you are building residual income. This is unheard of in our industry and the concept is really allowing ordinary people to advance their businesses quickly. But that's not why I'm writing. All the time in network marketing, we are taught that when you work for yourself, you have to have a mindset of a hunter "If I don't work, I don't eat". People that punch a clock everyday have a false sense of security that they will get paid for the day or paid for being there when that all can change in an instant. With network marketing, although it is slow to build, it is slow to fall. That means you are not entirely affected if one or two decide to quit as opposed to when your employer decides to "quit you" all is lost. I hope that was clear. Once you decide to win, that's it! YOU WIN. This applies to any business, not just my business or industry. Anyone who is self employed has the opportunity to go out and build their business as big as they want to. The sky is truly the limit.

more after the jump

With that said, for those of you who view this business as a job, then work it like one. If you have ever been an outside sales rep, the requirements are as follows.
  • must be a self starter
  • must have a positive attitude
  • must be organized and have the ability to follow up
  • must be determined
  • and the word must not affect you negatively
If you have those skills you can be successful. Of course you have to have the tools and training and product knowledge but that comes with the job but that is a given or at least it should be. But there are keys to working from home that most miss, and that's how to do it. You cant just simply say, Im gonna start a business and just do it. You need a plan and guidance. Here are 10 tips to implements while working from home. 
  1. Organize your day. Start with a morning meeting to review your calendar, morning affirmations, and prayer session.
  2. Return emails from the previous day, send out follow up emails and reminder emails for appointments scheduled the next day (You should be working 1 day ahead with this plan as your day is already scheduled)
  3. Make your appointments for the morning  and calls for the evening or vice verse depending on what your schedule permits. Ex. My kids are in school during the day so that's when I make my phone calls. My out of the office appointments are in the afternoon so that I can schedule them around sports pick ups and errands. 
  4. Schedule time for online prospecting. Beware of time thieves. I have two accounts on my laptop. One account is for personal use. When I log in there, all my personal social networking accounts are shown and there are a lot of distractions. But my business side is strictly that- BUSINESS. Business files, professional background, etc. 
  5. Take time to listen to personal development, find a mentor. Of course as your up line, I will help you as much as possible but its always good to have another person that you aspire to be like. Find that person and see what they have to offer daily. (where do you think I get my training ideas from *wink)
  6. Plan for the following day. Make out your schedule for the next day. Plan your appointments with 15-20 gaps to plan for unforeseen emergencies or things that come up. This allows you to call ahead if you are going to be late or reschedule. 
  7. Check your back office for training. Review your business opportunity presentation daily. Before long you will have if memorized and it will be second nature to present. Not only that, you will be able to answer questions intelligently.
  8. EAT! This is so important. Working from home we can get so busy that we forget the most important things to keep us healthy so that we can do this. 
  9. Have a good time. People are looking at you. They join you, not necessarily your business. Yes we have an awesome pay plan, we are getting our bills paid making money but people join other people. They are watching you to see if this is something that they can do themselves. Show yourself duplicatable. That way they can say to them selves, I can do this! I will do this!
  10. Repeat the next day. The key to this thing is consistency. We will not be successful if we work for a week and quit. It doesn't work like that and not everyone will realize this. That is why in this industry, only a few see true success. If you quit you will never win. 
Here is what I look for in an ideal business partner.Job Flyer Vertical

I realize that not everyone will have the desire to work in this industry. But if you are intrigued a little, if you think you can, if you have a desire to do something that is bigger than what your current income can provide, if you don't have $100 in savings, if you are unemployed, if you need to get a second job to make ends meet, or if you are concerned about Christmas gifts...then I encourage you to review the link below and contact me. Allow me to show you the difference this has made in my life and the life of my teammates. "Wont you come?"



No English? Choose a language